Thursday, August 21, 2008

The dangers of bookshops...

This morning, I had only intended on buying a few books. Definitely 101 things I learned in Architecture School and The writer's block; possibly The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot and A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen for my Myths and Symbols class.

Due to a total lack of self control, I find myself with the first two books and also the following:

A second hand copy of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
The complete dictionary of symbols in myth, art, and literature
The Plague by Albert Camus (yet another therapist recommendation. Hopefully I'll get through the simile-riddled prose of God of Small things this weekend and have time for this too)
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, which has been on my to read list for some time.
Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Only some of these were second hand. I may need to curb the retail section of my therapy until I've done my tax.

No comments: